Sending, please wait...
Stunning ChurchSet on a pristine Courthouse Square, the Delhi Methodist Church was completed in 1843 and raised in the 1960's with a hearty foundation. A tremendous commercial opportunity awaits in the Catskills with over 6,600 square feet to pursue a dynamic gallery, studio, or a potential restaurant space. The nave is open with a preserved altar and functional M.P. Moller Pipe Organ. Seven grand stained glass windows usher in a kaleidoscope of color and light. Four additional stained glass windows adorn the front of the building and a double-door Juliet balcony. Wainscotting lines the perimeter and pressed tin walls and ceilings remain. The hardwood floors appear to be well preserved under a protective covering. A half bath with pressed tin walls is present on the second floor. A choir balcony offers over 1,200 square feet and a bird's eye view of the chapel room. The balcony leads to a two story belfry and natural light from windows illuminate the hand-hewn beams from the original construction. There are two egress points from the second floor and appropriate fire evacuation signage and routes. The lower level offers a commercial kitchen and hood/exhaust with an Ansul fire suppression system. All components to a commercial grade kitchen are present with the exception of a stove and refrigeration. A large dry pantry offers additional storage off of the kitchen. A portion of the pantry also houses the elevator mechanics. The elevator is in unknown working condition. Two half baths are conveniently located on the lower level. Additional office space is located at the front of the lower level. There is two hour on street parking and a village municipal parking lot located at the corner of Court & Main Streets. Walking distance to wonderful restaurants and shops like The Hollow, This & That and The Stonehouse. 2.5 hours from the GWB!
Plans began in 1839 for the building and the deed was recorded on January 23, 1841. The construction was completed in 1843. The beams in the church are reportedly "drawn" by a Meredith, NY local Hiram Hunt. In 1906, a 2-manual M.P. Moller Pipe Organ was added and has remained virtually untouched over the decades. In the 1960's, the building was raised adding 2,715 square feet and a modern foundation. Most recently, the building housed the Delhi Farmer's Market during inclement weather.