Sending, please wait...
The Cottage Hotel, First time available in a generation! This Village of Stamford landmark is ready for a new life. Built in 1890 during Stamford's resort heyday as the Queen of the Catskills this structure functioned as a summer hotel until about 1940. After WWII the building was converted into 5 apartments and office space. Currently there is one usable apartment in the building and the rest have been stripped to the studs awaiting a new beginning. Structurally sound with original staircase, newel posts and paneling the current owner retained all period woodwork and decorative trim. The porches have been rebuilt and the original posts and associated mill-work are stored in the building awaiting reuse. There are six new electric service panels and two new propane heating units. The building has between 4 and 5 thousand square feet and is ripe with possibilities. Stamford in in the beginning stages of a renaissance and this building presents an opportunity for an ambitious individual !